Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Which Barry is believable?


The following two videos, recorded one year apart, both show how one man, who is unfortunately but temporarily the President of the United States (thank the founding fathers for his term limit) discussing a "red line" with respect to the use of chemical weapons in Syria.

The first video was sent to YouTube by the Telegraph, a newspaper published in the United Kingdom.  The second video was sent by the Cable News Network (CNN).


Uploaded August 21, 2012
Uploaded September 4, 2013
One minute, 37 seconds
One minute, 23 seconds

Partial text of video #1

Starting at 30 seconds:
We have been very clear., to the Assad regime, but also to other players on the ground, that a red line for us is if we start seeing a whole bunch of chemical weapons moving around or being utilized.  That would change my calculus.  That would change my equation.

The full text of video #2

First of all, I didn't set a red line. The world set a red line.

[You're a liar, Barry, because you did set a red line.  You're a liar.]

The world set a red line when governments representing 98% of the world's population said that, uh, that the use of chemical weapons are abhorrent and passed a treaty forbidding their use even when countries are engaged in war.

Congress set a red line when it ratified that treaty.

Congress set a red line when it, uh, indicated that, uh, in a, uh, piece of, uh, legislation titled "The Syrian Accountability Act", that, uh, some of the horrendous things that are happening on the ground there need to be answered for.

Uh, and so, when I said, in a press conference, that my calculus about what's happening in Syria would be altered by the use of chemical weapons, which the overwhelming, uh, consensus of humanity said is wrong.

Um, That wasn't something I kinda made up.  I didn't pluck it out of thin air.

There's a reason for it.


Uh, Barry, you did say that you had drawn a red line.  You were recorded in the first video saying that "we", meaning the United States, with you as our unfortunate but temporary President, were the party that drew the red line.

I didn't make it up.  I didn't pluck it out of thin air.  The video is my proof that you made that statement.

I have been searching for a video of the leader of another country making a similar statement about red lines and chemical weapons, but I can't seem to find it.

Oh, and I have also been searching for a video recording of a member of either house of Congress making a statement about a red line and chemical weapons.  Can you help me find this video?

I would be very grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment